DipArch, BArchSc, FRIAI, RIBA, ARB, RIAI Conservation Grade III Member, Academy of Urbanism Member, RIAI Liaison Committee for Collateral Warranties, Opinions on Compliance and Conditions of Engagement.
Bryan Roe is a director of Scott Tallon Walker Architects. He has completed projects to date with an aggregate value in excess of €750 million, including many of the largest headquarter and speculatively developed office blocks in Dublin’s International Financial Services Centre.
Current projects include the redevelopment of a 45,000 spectator stadium in Cork, Ireland, building on his success as director in charge of the multi-award-winning redevelopment of the 50,000 seater Aviva Stadium.
The stunning Aviva Stadium met and exceeded the expectations of the two different sporting organisations to which it is home, while also addressing the concerns of adjacent residential communities and the challenges of a constrained urban site bounded by a river and a live railway line.
Bryan’s management of the large, international multi-disciplinary team, involving hundreds of designers, specialists and consultants, demonstrated careful planning, robust procedures and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
In 2010 he established STW’s new office in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and continues to oversee projects in the region including the new Sports Campus and College of Sports Science at King Saud University and projects for a range of major firms in the fields of mobile communications, dairy processing and passenger railways.
Bryan also has extensive experience in the delivery of large commercial projects, including a masterplan and phased construction of over 130,000sqm of office space in 34 buildings at Ireland’s largest and most successful business park, East Point.
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia : 2010 - present
King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- New College of Sports Science – 14,600 sq.m. academic build
- New Sports Campus – 40,000 sq.m.: 7,000 seater International Athletics Arena, Olympic swimming pools and gymnasium, racquet ball courts and Student Centre.
- King Abdullah Institute of Nano Technology – redesign of 10,000 sq.m. laboratory, research laboratories and cleanrooms, with teaching facilities.
Mobily, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Technical evaluation, reporting and site supervision on a new 100,000 sq.m. Headquarters tower building
Almarai, Al-Karj, Kingdom of Saudi
- New 25,000 sq.m. Cheese Production Facility
- New 6,000 sq.m. Cold Store
Saudi Arabian Railways (SAR), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Interior design for 6 new railway stations and HQ Building for high speed north/south train network
Ireland : 1979 - present
- Ulster University Campus
- Páirc Uí Chaoimh Stadium Redevelopment
- Aviva Stadium, Lansdowne Road, Dublin, Ireland
The redevelopment of Ireland’s international stadium for rugby and soccer
- East Point Business Park, Dublin’s Docklands, Ireland
Ireland’s first and most successful large scale business park, comprising 130,000 sq.m. of office type accommodation
- International Financial Services Centre - Clarion Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
Construction and fit out of 4 star Clarion Hotel in the International Financial Services Centre in Dublin’s docklands.
- Lapp's Quay Office & Hotel Development, Cork, Ireland
Construction and fit out of 4 star Clarion Hotel in City Quarter, Cork
- Point Village, Dublin's Docklands, Ireland
Construction and fit out of 4 star Clarion Hotel at The Point Village, Dublin
- Guild House, Dublin's Docklands, Ireland
14,000 sq.m Office development in Dublin’s International Financial Services Centre
- Spencer Dock Building R, Dublin's Docklands, Ireland
11,000 sq.m Office development in Dublin’s International Financial Services Centre
- Brown Thomas Store, Grafton Street, Dublin, Ireland
Rebuild of 3,500 sq.m. and refurbishment of 7,000 sq.m. of 6 storey Ireland’s premium department store
- The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, Kildare Street , Dublin, Ireland
Conservation and conversion of building to conference centre, ongoing maintenance
- St Mary’s Pro Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland
Conservation and refurbishment, ongoing maintenance
- The Maze Long Kesh Redevelopment
Master plan and development proposals for a sporting, leisure retail and residential development at the 145 Ha site, near Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Master planning, and Higher Education / Further Educational buildings at National University of Ireland, Galway
Library building, Sports & recreational halls with theatre and student facilities, Research Incubator Units.
- Master Planning in Dublin’s International Financial Services Centre, Ireland
Urban design and Planning Scheme for National Conference Centre, Spencer Dock, IFSC Dublin
- White Water Shopping Centre, Newbridge, Co Kildare, Ireland
Planning permission for 100,000 sq.m. shopping centre
- New Community Centre for St Paul’s Parish, Glenageary, Dublin
New community centre in grounds of Protected Structure